The SLAMseq Kinetics Kit – Anabolic Kinetics Module (Cat. No. 061) can be used for labeling newly synthesized (nascent) RNA in cultured cells, and subsequent alkylation of incorporated S4U nucleotides by iodoacetamide (IAA). The kit is designed for use with 24-well cell culture format, but can be scaled up or down to suit different culture vessel sizes and volumes.
The Anabolic Kinetics Module provides reagents for S4U labeling of RNA in cultured cells, stabilizing modified S4U nucleotides during RNA isolation, and iodoacetamide for the alkylation of incorporated S4U nucleotides in total RNA. The resulting total RNA can be used for RNA-Seq library preparation – no additional biochemical isolation or pull-down is required!
We recommend using Lexogen’s QuantSeq 3’ mRNA-Seq (Cat. No. 012, 015, 016) or QuantSeq Flex Targeted RNA-Seq V2 Kits (Cat. No. 033, 034, 035), for preparing RNA-Seq libraries from total RNA generated from SLAMseq experiments. QuantSeq provides a user-friendly workflow, enabling samples from multiple timepoints and in replicates to be multiplexed in a single sequencing lane or run. Combining SLAMseq with QuantSeq therefore provides a complete solution for high-throughput metabolic RNA sequencing.
Features and Application:
- Label newly transcribed RNA with S4U
- Alkylation of incorporated S4U nucleotides in total RNA
- Measure nascent RNA expression
- Analyze RNA synthesis kinetics
- Cell suspensions
- Adherent cells
- 3D-scaffold cell cultures
- 24-well format (up-scaling and down-scaling of culture volumes is possible)
- QuantSeq 3’ mRNA-Seq Library Prep Kits (Cat. No. 012, 015, 016)
- QuantSeq Flex Targeted RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit V2 (Cat. No. 033, 034, 035)
- Reagent Box
- User Guide
SLAMseq Data Analysis Pipeline SLAMdunk is available on the Bluebee Platform. Learn more and purchase the access codes.