We are looking for an innovative C/C++ Software Developer with strong mathematical and statistical background to work on research projects in the area of next generation sequencing (NGS). This position is available with immediate effect.
- Implement and test statistical algorithms in C/C++
- Benchmark software on large NGS datasets
- Integrate third-party plug-ins into NGS data processing suites
- Rapid prototyping using open source software
- Software documentation
- Advanced programming skills in C/C++, ideally including experience with the Standard Template Library (SLT) and Boost Library
- Advanced programming skills in Java
- Basic knowledge of Matlab/Octave, GNU toolbox and shell scripting
- Degree in scientific discipline, MSc, BSc, FH diploma or equivalent
- Experience in handling NGS data is a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent command of English
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shape a future leader in the gene expression analysis market.
To apply for this position, please send your detailed CV and cover letter to Stephan Dörr, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration will be according to experience and performance. (Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1737,37 per month for a full time position.)