The SENSE mRNA-Seq Kit is an all-in one strand-specific mRNA-Seq library preparation protocol. SENSE uses total RNA input and is available for Illumina platforms (V2 reagents). Barcode Sets are included for Illumina (i7 indices, 7001-7096). For Illumina there is the additional possibility to use four external i5 indices (Dual Indexing Add-on Kit, Cat. No. 047) that allows unique indexing and multiplexing of up to 384 samples.
NOTE: As of February 2019 barcode plates have been renamed to Lexogen i7 6 nt Index Set (7001-7096). An evaluation tool to check the color balance of index subsets is available here.
Features and Application:
- gene expression profiling
- whole transcriptome sequencing
- alternative splicing
- discovery and quantification of antisense transcripts and overlapping genes
- HiSeq 2000/2500/3000/4000
- NextSeq 500/550
- Genome Analyzer
Kit Content for Illumina:
- Reagent Box
- Poly(A) RNA Selection Kit
- Lexogen i7 6 nt Index Set (formerly named: i7 Index Plate) with i7 indices 7001 – 7008, 7001-7024 or 7001-7096 depending on the kit size (8, 24, 96 preps)
- Purification Module with Magnetic Beads