OEM / Licensing Business Development Manager EMEAI – Reference No. 98
You have a passion for RNA science, for building businesses and strong relationships at a high level? You are both tactical and strategic and you are a doer who enjoys being hands-on? You want freedom and you appreciate travelling but also working from your office? You want to contribute to a nice story and need to have a meaningful and impactful job? If you have answered ‘yes’ to all these questions, this might be your dream job!
We are seeking a dedicated Business Development Manager to develop partnerships with other companies through OEM and licensing principally. The Business Development Manager must identify and liaise with potential partners (mainly biotech companies). She/He/They understand the needs of our partners or identify potential synergies and propose Lexogen solutions to fulfil these needs or leverage the business of our partners. The candidate will organize some seminars and make some ad-hoc presentations to the potential partners. She/He/They will maintain and develop strong relationships with our partners at every level in their organization. The candidate will report to the CEO and will work closely with other functions within the company including primarily the R&D and marketing teams.
- Strategic planning
- Identify new market opportunities via market research on competitor/markets (price, product features, NPI, marketing programs)
- Design a strategy to deliver new clients and high sales volumes consistently to achieve revenue as well as margin goals and maintain positive growth
- Plan, develop, and conduct/manage VOC to gain customer insight that can be used for NPI and marketing initiatives
- Write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working
- Forecast production of OEM and bulk products
- Respond to all issues with prompt attention
- Identifying new sales leads
- Research organizations and individuals to actively identify new leads and potential new markets
- Research the needs of other companies and learn who makes purchasing decisions
- Initiate contact with potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Establish NDAs with the potential client, engage relevant Lexogen people
- Plan and oversee with the Head of Marketing new B to B marketing initiatives
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Find and develop new markets and improve sales
- Attend conferences, congress, meetings and industry events and feedback management and product managers
- Pitching products and/or services
- Prepare presentations and sales displays
- Contact clients to inform them about new developments in Lexogen’s products
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients
- Negotiate and renegotiate by phone, email, and in person
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Establish business models for each collaboration (benefits, risks, opportunities, etc.)
- Understand and demonstrate the likelihood of success of the collaboration and produce financial analysis to assess the viability
- Manage partnering contracts, memorandum of understanding and letters of intent
- Maintain good working relationships with existing clients to enhance retention and new sales through referrals and references.
- Europe, Middle East, Africa and India
- The candidate will be part of the Commercial Operations team and can be based at the company headquarters in Vienna, Austria, or can be home-based in any European country
The job requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, up to 70%
- Ideally, you are living close to an airport hub
Your experience and know-how
- Bachelor’s Degree or PhD in Life Sciences.
- RNA biology research and NGS with emphasis on RNA-Seq, would be a plus.
- Business experience, ideally in establishing and maintaining business partnering relations such as OEM partnerships, co-marketing, or co-selling.
- Entrepreneurship spirit and self-starter
- Can do and never give-up attitude
- Stewardship attitude and team spirit
- People-oriented, you like building relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making in complex environments
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top quality RNA analysis solutions & support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation
- We value people potential and attitude
- We have a strong sense of belonging
- We have stewardship attitude toward all our stakeholders
- Respect, care & diversity are non-negotiable core values
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*
- We want to have fun
- Remuneration (fix + bonus) will be according to experience and performance.
(Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1’957,64 per month (14x/year) for a full-time position.)
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market, so apply today for this position by sending your detailed CV and a cover letter stating Reference No. 98 to firstname.lastname@example.org
LGBTQIπ+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen! If you are not a toxic individual*, come as you are, be your true self, enjoy and contribute to our culture.
*According Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule : Building a Civilized Workplace…”