Research Scientist – Molecular and Cell Biology, Nucleic Acid Research and Assay Development (full time, all genders) – Reference No. 97
Lexogen is a biotech company based in Vienna, Austria, focusing on the development of technologies for complete transcriptome sequencing. Our portfolio offers kit solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications including RNA extraction, expression profiling, whole transcriptome sequencing, and algorithms for data analysis. We are operating a state-of-the-art facility for R&D, production and services. Our committed team has successfully developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas in basic and applied transcriptomics research.
We are looking for an innovative Research Scientists to join our team who wants to play an active role in the development of new products for the transcriptomics market. This position is available immediately.
- Development of novel assays for nucleic acid characterization with a focus on single cell sequencing
- Designing, organizing and realization of experiments with external partners
- Providing scientific expertise through hands-on experience and literature research
- Instructing and leading of technical assistants
- NGS data analyses, sound reporting, and preparation of publication ready material to support marketing
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related subject in life science
- Expertise in the field of RNA, enzymatic reactions, and assay design, as well as hands-on experience in cell cultures are requirements
- Experience in sequencing technologies, especially with single-cell technology is an asset
- Experience with GLP, GMP, and quality management is of advantage
- Thorough analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with high personal responsibility
- Open-minded, creative, and courageous personality
- Excellent command of the English language
Your experience and know-how
- Hands-on experience in basic and/or applied Life Sciences research (mandatory)
- Deep knowledge of cell biology (mandatory)
- Profound knowledge of all sequencing technologies with emphasis on RNA-Seq (if possible)
- Entrepreneurship spirit and self-starter
- Can do attitude
- Stewardship attitude
- Team spirit
- People-oriented, you like building relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions & support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”
- We foster innovation
- We have a strong sense of belonging
- We have stewardship attitude toward all our stakeholders
- We value people’s potential and attitude
- Respect, care & diversity are non-negotiable core values
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*
- We want to have fun
- Remuneration will be according to experience and performance.
(Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1’957,64 per month (14x/year) for a full-time position.)
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market! So, apply today for this position by sending your detailed CV and a cover letter stating Reference No. 97 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LGBTQIΠ+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen!
*According to Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule : Building a Civilized Workplace…”