Product Manager (full time, all genders) – Reference No. 95
You have a passion for biological sciences and RNAs. You love working in dynamic and innovative environments. You want to support people and you need to interact with others. You value freedom and respect. You are creative, you like responsibilities and you want to contribute to a nice story but you also need to have a meaningful and impactful job. If all these attributes describe YOU, this might be your dream job!
We are seeking for a dedicated Product Manager to develop and manage a portfolio of products and services in the domain of RNA analysis (including bioinformatics). The Product Manager must understand the needs of our customers and create Lexogen solutions to fulfil these needs and help our customers achieving their goals. The candidate will manage the product life cycle from the new product specifications to its production and marketing. The Product Manager will maintain and develop strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, beta testers and other stakeholders. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the candidate will be part of the Commercial Operations team and will work closely with other functions within the company including primarily R&D, production, technical support, sales and the MarComm teams.
- Develop a product portfolio vision, strategy and roadmap
- Watch market and work with external partners to assess new product acquisition through partnerships and licensing opportunities (OEM-in, licensing-in).
- Gather ideas for new products developments or acquisition
- Make a concept out of the most promising ideas: deliver market requirements documents (MRD).
- Validate the existence of a market for the conceptualized product through voice of customers and market research
- Establish the features of the new product and deliver a Product Requirements Documents (PRD) / product development specification sheet
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Coordinate the development of the product
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Ensure release process and coordinate the product launch (KOL management, relevant point of sales tools, Advertising and communication, sales force training)
- Manage the product life cycle (launch, revival, upgrade, discontinuation)
- Forecast product portfolio production
- Perform competitive intelligence and be an expert with respect to the competition
- Set pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Possibility to relocate to Vienna
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time
Your experience and know-how
- Technical background, with experience in Life Sciences research (mandatory)
- Experience of the Lexogen product areas of application (RNA biology – mandatory)
- NGS with emphasis on RNA-Seq (if possible)
- Entrepreneurship spirit and self-starter
- Can do attitude
- Stewardship attitude
- Team spirit
- People-oriented, you like building relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions & support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”
- We foster innovation
- We have a strong sense of belonging
- We have stewardship attitude toward all our stakeholders
- We value people’s potential and attitude
- Respect, care & diversity are non-negotiable core values
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*
- We want to have fun
- Remuneration will be according to experience and performance
- Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1’957,64 per month (14x/year) for a full-time position
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market! So, apply today for this position by sending your detailed CV and a cover letter stating Reference No. 95 to email@example.com.
LGBTQIΠ+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen!
*(according to Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule”)