Frontend Developer Bioinformatics (full time, all genders) – Reference No. 92
You are a frontend developer who likes to work in science? You understand the meaning of scientific data and know-how to represent it in an intuitive and attractive way? You want to work in a fast-developing field of bioinformatics with a group of motivated and welcoming colleagues? You want to work on some of the important health-related, ecological challenges of our time and have a meaningful job? If you answered ”yes“ to all these questions, this might be your dream job!
We are seeking a dedicated Frontend Developer to work on the implementation of professional web services. The Frontend Developer must have experience in the visualization of scientific data and has ideally worked previously with bioinformatics and RNASeq data. The candidate will be part of the Bioinformatics team at Lexogen and will work on the interactive exploration of complex datasets and databases. This role involves close collaboration with other departments at Lexogen including R&D, Services and Tech Support and therefore requires good communication skills.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Visualize scientific data
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing languages, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with visualizing scientific data
- Linux and command line experience is a plus
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Inkscape, Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Your experience and know-how
- Frontend development (mandatory)
- Visualization of scientific data (mandatory)
- Bioinformatics (if possible)
- Processing of RNASeq data (if possible)
- Can do attitude
- Team spirit
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Good verbal, and written communication skills in English
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions & support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation
- We have a strong sense of belonging
- We have stewardship attitude toward all our stakeholders
- We value people’s potential and attitude
- Respect, care & diversity are non-negotiable core values
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*
- We want to have fun
- Remuneration will be according to experience and performance.
(Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1’957,64 per month for a full-time position.)
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market, so apply today for this position by sending your detailed CV and a cover letter stating Reference No. 92 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LGBTQI+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen!
*(according to Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule”)