Backend Web Developer Bioinformatics (full time, all genders) – Reference No. 91
You are a Backend Web Developer who likes to work in science? You understand the complexity of multi-server, multi-database networks and the efficient distribution of computational load? You want to work in a fast-developing field of bioinformatics with a group of motivated and welcoming colleagues? You want to help solve some of the important health-related, ecological challenges of our time and have a meaningful job? If your answer is ”yes“, this might be your dream job!
We are looking for a Backend Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between server and user. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary. Ideally, you will also have some experience in high performance and cloud computing. The candidate will be part of the Bioinformatics team at Lexogen and work closely with other departments at Lexogen including R&D, Services and Tech Support. The role therefore requires good communication skills.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Implementation of webshop or other payment solution
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Experience with webservices in Python and frameworks like Django
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience with SLURM or other workload managers is a plus
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus
- Linux and command line experience is a plus
Your experience and know-how
- Backend web development (mandatory)
- Databases (mandatory)
- High performance computing (if possible)
- Cloud computing (if possible)
- Can do attitude
- Team spirit
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Good verbal, and written communication skills in English
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions & support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation
- We have a strong sense of belonging
- We have stewardship attitude toward all our stakeholders
- Respect, care & diversity are non-negotiable core values
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*
- We value people’s potential and attitude
- We want to have fun
- Remuneration will be according to experience and performance.
(Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1’957,64 per month for a full-time position.)
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market, so apply today for this position by sending your detailed CV and a cover letter stating Reference No. 91 to email@example.com.
LGBTQI+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen!
*(according to Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule”)