Technical Sales Consultant (East Coast, US) – Ref. No. 88
As a scientist, you fell in love and worked with RNA ? You have a passion for RNA science but the bench is not anymore your cup of tea ? You want to help people and you need to interact with others ? You want freedom and you appreciate travelling but also working from your home? You want to contribute to a nice story and need to have a meaningful and impactful job ? If you have answered ”yes“ to all these questions, this might be your dream job !
Your experience and know-how
- RNA biology research (mandatory)
- NGS with emphasis on RNA-Seq (if possible)
- Entrepreneurship spirit and self-starter
- Can do attitude
- Stewardship attitude
- Team spirit
- People-oriented, you like building relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top quality RNA analysis solutions & support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation
- We have a strong sense of belonging
- We have stewardship attitude toward all our stakeholders
- Respect, care & diversity are non-negotiable core values
- We value people potential and attitude
- We want to have fun
We are seeking a dedicated Technical Sales Consultant to work with customers and to perform some consultative and strategic selling. The Technical Sales Consultant must understand the needs of our customers and propose Lexogen solutions to fulfil these needs and help the customers achieving their goals. The candidate may organize some seminars and make some ad-hoc presentations to the customers. He/she will also provide after-sales support to his/her customers with the help of our Field Application Scientists. Through these activities, the Technical Sales Consultant will maintain and develop strong relationships with customers, procurement officers, key opinion leaders and other stakeholders. The candidate will be part of the Commercial Operations team and will work closely with other functions within the company including primarily the technical support and marketing teams.
- Pre-sales activities
- Develop and manage a business plan for the territory to meet agreed targets.
- Organize seminars and talks for the customers in the region.
- Prospect and generate leads via phone, e-mail, visits…
- Prepare customer facing presentations.
- Sales activities
- Use both product and application knowledge to guide customers to products that best meet their needs and goals, coordinate with global team to address customer questions/concerns, create and submit individualized quotes, and close sales and opportunities.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales processes (e.g. forecasting, pipeline management, prospecting) using Salesforce CRM and other IT tools.
- Post-sales activities
- Follow-up customer demands
- Support technical implementation of our solutions with some customers.
- Maintain strong, positive, and productive relationships with clients including product end-users, management, and purchasing contacts.
- Work collaboratively with the global sales team as well as R&D, Technical and Customer Support, Marketing…
- Eastern US, Maine to Florida.
- The candidate will be part of the Commercial Operations team and will be home-based in the territory (ideally located in a Mid Atlantic or Northeast state).
The job requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, up to 70%.
- Ideally, you are living close to an airport hub
- Remuneration will be according to experience and performance.
- Minimum : Fix + Bonus
This position is available with immediate effect !
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market, so apply today for this position by sending your detailed CV and a cover letter stating Reference No. 88 to email@example.com
LGBTQI+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen! If you are not a toxic individual, come as you are, be your true self, enjoy and contribute to our assholes-free* culture.
*According Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule : Building a Civilized Workplace…”